Saturday, February 1, 2014

112) Too much digital information

As it looks now, a lot of mail-artists are sucked into this digital world, and they realize there is just too much digital information to absorb. So they come to a point where they have to decide how to filter that information. Turn away from the digital sources, or just select only what interests you the most.....

As it turns out Google and Facebook are doing the same. They investigate your behavious and show you only what you indicated you liked. It is like a trap. You don't see all anymore, you just see a coloured version.

4 comments:

clochart said...

It is so true! you highlight 2 main points: 1) the digital world steals a lot of energy to the art of paper and this saddens me because I see it and I'm involved, I don't make digital art but now I do very little on paper.
2) At the beginning facebook & others were a source of information and large view on the world, now I am trapped in my room, I read only news about or not far what are my interests!linda pelati

Elizabeth Beckmann said...

Last week I received a letter from some one dear to me. Not art, just a handwritten letter. Come again. Perhaps that letter is art, a lost art. I miss my writing calluses. I miss holding paper in my hands. I miss taking funny little objects out of envelope. I miss postal marks. I miss mailboxes. I miss Ed. I miss mail art that arrives via post.

Until . . .
Elizabeth Beckmann

Ruud Janssen said...

you can change the world again by starting to write letters again. Not just e-mails, but a letter in an enveloppe......

Joanne Samantha Morgan said...

Yes. I still write letters to friends. It is an entirely different story on paper .
Joanne
@polarmermaid

...

...

Statistics

(c) 2007-2014 TAM-Publications - Breda.