Sunday, June 29, 2008

55) Mail-Art Archives


In my TAM-Archive I found this old article I wrote about Mail-Art Archives. It was then 20 pages long and I am rethinking this topic for a new version. What has happened to the mail-art that has been sent out all these years. Is it sold, brought to archives, still hidden in boxes, what do we know?


Any stories or things I should know on this subject?
After the summervacation I will start on writing a new text. I discovered some mail-art archives has moved into certains places, sometimes wellknown archives. But sometimes they are also sold (yes, people pay for the old mail-art of some wellknown people....)
Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Wastedpapiers said...

My archive is still piled up in plastic boxes in the old coal shed. Its safe from the mice now at least! I try to show bits of it from time to time. I have no intention of selling it. Nobody would want it anyway in these days of recession!

Ruud Janssen said...

not even the TATE is interested?What a strange thought that nobody wants all this creativity.

...

...

Statistics

(c) 2007-2014 TAM-Publications - Breda.